Thursday, June 11, 2009

I have a bridge to sell you...

Pushy sales people are the worse. I understand that in this economy, you have to push products and make sales. This doesn't mean you have to badger the customer. Just try to be helpful. This is why I prefer shopping through the internet. Nobody is pushing you to do anything. All the options are there, but there is no person standing next to you telling you to add this warranty or that accessory. You can browse with no pressure to buy and compare to your heart's content.

I know people who like the interaction with sales people. There is something to be said about the "community" aspect of going to a store and interacting with those in your neighborhood. But if that is really what you want, join a club or go to church. There are plenty of opportunities to do that outside of the retail experience. I would be a lot happier if I didn't have to deal with sales people by talking to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment