Friday, May 15, 2009

Something Different

Since it has been over a month since I last blogged, I figured I should post something. It is a good thing that it has been so long, because that means there really isn't anything new to vent about. I must admit that I have a pretty good life. So no ranting about stupid people in line today or crazy drivers on the road. This will be a positive post.

Do you have kids? Remember when they were under the age of 5? Well, I have three under that age and they are a handful. I'm very thankful that my children are relatively well behaved. They hardly do anything "bad" and they don't eat much junk food or candy. They get along most of the time and are generally willing to play alone or with each other. The most important thing, however, is that my wife is willing to take care of them on a full-time basis. I know it isn't easy, and I'm grateful that she can do it.

Unfortunately in this day and age, that is more and more rare. Most families have both parents working, if they even have two parents, to support the lifestyle they live. Thankfully we have relatively inexpensive tastes in life, so we can afford to live on my salary alone. The City of Walnut Creek, my employer, has good benefits so my whole family is covered. Winnie doesn't have to work and can really invest in our kids as they grow. I think this is really important. Parents really need to be involved in their children's' lives and the best way to do that is spend time with them. I have to continually remind myself of this after coming home from work. I need to be a part of the process of caring for them and not just zone off in my own world.

So for all you parents, or future parents, out there, make sure to spend time with your kids. This time will not come again.

1 comment:

  1. You can always go back to work, but you can never go back to raising your kids...

    ReplyDelete